The Account Updater API service is a method for sending and managing account updater requests through our Platform API. Account updater programs automatically check and update the numbers and expiration dates of your customers’ U.S.-issued payment cards. Use the service to keep payment information in your Vault up-to-date, minimizing the number of declines you receive for repeat customer transactions due to expired cards, closed accounts, or reissued cards.
This page gives an overview of our Account Updater API service and the requests it supports. Subpages provide implementation guides for a few important Account Updater requests. See Account Updater in our API Reference for endpoints and details on all supported transactions. To manage the service through the Maast Manager portal, see Account Updater in Maast Manager.
The Account Updater API service has the following benefits:
- Prevents declined payments - By keeping card information up-to-date, it helps prevent declined payments and related delays in receiving payments.
- Updates frequently - Based on the configured day of the month, the service harvests cards once a month and sends a request for updated information to the card brands for the harvested cards. It will automatically update the card information on file based on the results.
- Under control - You can add cards to the harvest and remove them or place them on a temporary hold from harvest at any time.
- Lightens your workload - The API reduces your need to contact customers to manually update their payment card information.
The service supports the following U.S.-issued cards:
- American Express
To check the status of an Account Updater request, you can do any of the following:
- Subscribe to the
account_updater_request_createdwebhook event to be notified when the request creation is complete.
- Subscribe to the
account_updater_request_completedwebhook event to be notified when the request response is received.
- Use the
request_idto send a Get Summary of an Account Updater Request query to check the status of your request at any time.
This service supports several requests. We offer API reference for all supported requests and detailed implementation guides for some.
We have guides for the following API functions:
- Submit Account Updater Request - Create an Account updater request for specified payment cards.
- Get a Summary of an Account Updater Request - Retrieves summary information on a specified Account Updater request.
- Cancel an Account Updater Request - Cancels a submitted Account Updater request.
See Account Updater in API Reference for the following additional functions supported by the API:
- Put on an Account Updater Harvest Hold - Exclude one or more payment cards from your Account Updater harvest.
- Release from an Account Updater Harvest Hold - Release one or more payment cards from harvest hold so that Account Updater can harvest and update their information.
- Get a Detailed List of all Account Updater Results - Get and filter data on all payment cards that your account has sent to the Account Updater engine.
- Get Account Updater Results (Full Card Number Requests) - Retrieve the results of an Account Updater request, including full card numbers and expiration dates.
- Get a Summary of All Account Updater Results - Get and filter the summarized result information for all Account Updater requests.
- Get a Detailed List of an Account Updater Request - Retrieve and filter information on all cards sent in one Account Updater request, including responses for each.
- Create an Account Updater Request Using Card IDs - Use specified payment card IDs to create an Account Updater request (restricted use).
Account updater is activated through the Maast Manager portal. After that, it can be managed through either the portal or API requests. The workflow is as follows:
- Sign Up - The merchant signs in to the Maast Manager portal and enables Account Updater. They agree to accept the associated fees, and they set the day of the month for Account Updater to harvest cards.
- Harvest - On the selected day each month, Account Updater automatically harvests, checks and updates card information in the merchant's Vault.
- Configure - Optionally, the merchant can further configure or cancel harvests and get reports on the process. They can do so using the portal, Account Updater API requests, and/or Webhooks API requests.
Updated about 1 month ago