Our Platform API's Dispute Management service is a method for merchants and dispute vendors to receive and manage disputes, which cardholders may file with their issuing banks. Use it to create dispute test cases, respond to disputes, and get updates and further information about them.
This page provides an overview of the service and the features it supports. Subpages give instructions to create dispute data, submit a dispute response, and accept a dispute. See Dispute Management in API Reference for details on all supported operations. Use the Dispute Management Guide for a walk-through on how to handle disputes. Find relevant conventions in Dispute Conventions.
Our Dispute Management API service has the following benefits:
- Webhook integration - Use with webhooks to automatically receive dispute cases.
- Portal integration - Use with the Maast Manager Portal to proceed with dispute challenges and to configure a dispute vendor or merchant.
The service supports several different requests. We offer API reference for all supported requests and detailed guides for some.
We have implementations guides for the following API functions:
- Create Dispute Data - Creates sandbox dispute data to test your integration.
- Submit Dispute Response - Submits dispute responses with supporting documentation.
- Accept Dispute - Accepts a first-time chargeback or a pre-arbitration 'Withdraw from Arbitration.'
See Dispute Management in API Reference for the following additional functions supported by the API:
- Get Disputes - Gets and filters all disputes associated with one merchant/vendor.
- Get Credited Transaction Detail - Gets the credited transactions associated with a dispute.
- Get Non-Disputed Transaction - Gets the non-disputed transactions associated with a dispute.
- Get Remedy Undisputed Transactions - Gets the non-disputed transactions that qualify for use in a Visa Remedy response.
- Get Submitted Dispute Response - Gets a dispute response you previously submitted.
- Reset Dispute Data - Resets a test or pre-review dispute case to 'new.'
Updated 5 months ago